You likely understand that having clean gutters is essential if you want to protect your property from water damage, but cleaning the gutters has an undisputed place among the worst property maintenance chores to handle. Fortunately, there’s a solution that can help prevent troublesome gutter gunk: installing gutter guards. At Aggieland Gutters, we’re major fans of these innovative gutter additions, and below, we’ve shared some of the biggest benefits they bring to your property.
- Less Cleaning: Gutter guards provide a protective covering that allows water runoff to enter your gutters, but keeps debris like leaves, pine needles, twigs, and other gunk out. You’ll still need to have your gutters professionally cleaned occasionally, but gutter guards can often cut the frequency at which you need these services in half.
- Better Home Protection: Your gutters are responsible for protecting your home from water, channeling it away from your roof, siding, and foundation. Gutter guards act as an extra layer of protection, helping shield your home from pooling water that can cause rotting woodwork, peeling shingles, and interior moisture problems.
- Minimize Mold and Mildew: It’s no secret that mold and mildew are bad for your health and your home, and moist, cruddy gutters make a perfect breeding ground for these contaminants. Gutter guards prevent debris that carries mold and mildew spores from settling in your gutters, and they help prevent moisture from seeping into your home and creating the ideal conditions for these contaminants to grow indoors.
- Pest Prevention: The deep channels on your gutter system make an appealing home for pests like rodents, birds, and snakes, as well as all kinds of insects. Gutter guards prevent pests from taking up residence in your gutter system, and by preventing stagnant water, they can also help you avoid swarms of pesky mosquitoes.
- Extended Gutter Lifespan: When water accumulates in your gutters, it leaves them vulnerable to issues like rusting, sagging, and cracking. With gutter guards, you can prevent standing water and all the associated issues, thereby extending the lifespan of your gutters and saving yourself money on repairs or replacements.